Uptime checker

Fatakom

Rep
Threads
I was given the task of monitoring our server uptime. It wasn't a particularly exciting job, but it had to be done and I knew that if I didn't do it correctly, there could be serious consequences.

So every day without fail, I carefully checked the built-in tools and HostTracker service for any discrepancies in the figures. For days on end everything went smoothly; nothing noteworthy ever appeared in my reports. But one morning when I looked at the data something strange happened: the figures from both sources were different.

At first, I thought that perhaps there had been an error with one of them, so I double checked all my work. However, after going over things several times and making sure each step was correct - as well as comparing what other colleagues were seeing - it became apparent that these discrepancies weren’t just errors or flukes; they were real differences between what we were seeing via HostTracker compared to our own internal systems!

After some more investigation into this issue – including calling up third-party support teams – a possible source of these discrepancies emerged: time zones! As it turns out, while our servers are located in California we use UTC+2 time offsets for reporting purposes which is why we saw such different results when using external services to check website uptime for free on host-tracker.com/en which default to UTC+0 timestamps instead!

In order to ensure accuracy moving forward then, all that needed changing was updating the settings within HostTracker so they matched ours here at home base; easy enough once you know where to look! Nowadays then whenever those uptime figures come up again everything remains consistent no matter who's checking them out - giving us peace of mind knowing there aren’t any unexpected surprises down the line!.

38loco

Rep
Threads
Hope this works, thanks for the contnent